This isn’t a recap of analysis of any of the picks, that will come on Monday with the recap of the entire draft. Instead this is a list of the things I took away from the NFL draft.
- Man hugs galore. Every single player in the green room came on stage and immediately showed NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell their powerful embraces. The fact that most of these hugs lasted for at least 10 seconds and straddled the border between intense man hug and an intimate embrace between old friends was bizarre. Also this:
- Newly rich football players love new watches.
- And ridiculous hairdos. I’m not quite sure I understand what’s going on with that.
- How about those stupid long trips from the green room to the podium? Forget the fact that everyone’s picks were in for multiple minutes BEFORE the previously picked player actually made it out on stage. Do we really need to dap up the hat guy?
- The fans booed Goodell for the first seven or so picks when he walked on stage. What?
Just a few of the takeaways from the first day of the draft. I’ve also got to say I really dislike the three day format. Having to wait for the 2nd and 3rd rounds is ridiculous.